Twelve students receive 2017 scholarships across company footprint
ROSE HILL, NC—July 14, 2017: House of Raeford Farms proudly awarded $30,000 to 12 deserving children and grandchildren of employees through the 2017 House of Raeford Farms Scholarship program.
“House of Raeford employees are at the heart of our mission,” said House of Raeford Chief Executive Officer Bob Johnson. “It is important for us to give back to our employees and their families in meaningful ways. This annual scholarship program is one of the many ways we honor their commitment to the House of Raeford family.”
This competitive program selected recipients based on a number of criteria, including academic record, leadership, and participation in school and community activities. Additional criteria included work experience, a statement of goals and aspirations, and unusual personal or family circumstances. Each student received $2,500 to use for college.
“The scholars selected to receive this year’s House of Raeford Farms Scholarship awards have demonstrated academic excellence, leadership, dedication to community and true ambition,” said Johnson. “House of Raeford wishes this year’s recipients the best of luck as they pursue their academic and career goals.”
House of Raeford would like to congratulate the following 12 recipients of the 2017 House of Raeford Farms Scholarship and announce their plans for the future:
- Gerardo Gutierrez, son of Gerardo “Gabe” Martinez of the Greenville Division, attending Tri-County Technical College.
- Hunter Mason, son of Chad Mason of the Lavonia division, attending Tri-County Technical College.
- Christy Cochran Grizzle, daughter of Scott Cochran of the Lavonia division, attending the University of North Georgia at Gainesville.
- Darius George, son of Stevey George of the Johnson Breeders division, attending Wayne Community College.
- Isabel Ocampo, daughter of Gladys Ocampo of the Rose Hill division, attending the University of North Carolina at Wilmington.
- Diana Martinez, daughter of Flora Carrizales of the Rose Hill Division, attending Appalachian State University.
- Mykaela Liu, daughter of Danielle Liu of the Rose Hill division, attending The Paul Mitchell School.
- Jonathan Wojcuich, son of John Wojcuich of the Wallace division, attending North Carolina State University.
- Hannah Bullock, daughter of Bruce Bullock of the Corporate division, attending Salem College.
- Treyvon Qualls, stepson of Ontario Davis of the Arcadia division, attending Texas Tech University.
- Elizabeth Tanner, daughter of Karl Tanner of the Hemingway division, attending Florence-Darlington Technical College.
- Jessica Stone, grand-daughter of Laura Stone of the Hemingway division, attending Horry-Georgetown Technical College.
Since its launch in 2014, the scholarship fund has helped students pursue their academic and professional goals by awarding over $140,000 to nearly 60 students across six states.
Employees and their families are encouraged to visit the Scholarship Page on House of Raeford’s website for more information on next year’s scholarships, which will open in February 2018.