September 23, 2016
With fresh pico de gallo and a special chicken marinade, Taco Tuesday is sure to please this week.
Pico de Gallo
- 1 cup tomato, seeded & diced
- 1 cup bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 tbsp cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded & diced (optional)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb sliced chicken thigh strips
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp salt & pepper
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil plus 1/2 tbsp for cooking
- 10 small tortillas
- 2 cups lettuce, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced or diced
- 1 tbsp cilantro
Place chicken strips in a large mixing bowl and coat with the remaining seasoning ingredients. Let the chicken marinade for about half an hour unto overnight.
Heat a frying pan over medium heat for about two minutes. Drizzle the pan with olive oil and cook the chicken pieces for about 2-3 minutes on both sides or until golden brown.
While chicken is marinading, combine all the pico de gallo ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
Once chicken is cooked, serve on a warm tortilla with pico de gallo and the remaining toppings.