At House of Raeford, we believe charity begins at home.
From Wallace, North Carolina to Arcadia, Louisiana, many communities are home to House of Raeford Farms. Recognizing the importance of giving back to these communities, we are involved in many ways. Here are just a few:
- Every year, we donate millions of dollars as well as truckloads of House of Raeford products, to worthwhile community causes.
- We established FLOCK (Faithful Love Offering for Christ’s Kingdom), a charitable service organization, to fulfill various benevolent initiatives.
- We give to charities that are important to our employees in communities where we operate.
- We made major donations to assist UNC-Pembroke in funding a new college football program and the University of North Carolina – Wilmington, for an indoor practice facility for baseball and softball teams.
- We established a $250,000 endowment scholarship fund for the Poultry Science Department at NC State University, a scholarship program for the children and grandchildren of our employees and, at a music academy in Rose Hill, NC, scholarships for gifted young people in need.
- We have contributed and provided periodic donations of products to the Yahweh Center in Wilmington, NC to assist in the treatment of children with various attachment and psychological disorders.
- Our employees have initiated volunteer programs such as Relay for Life, March of Dimes Walk for Babies, and Operation Christmas Child.
- In cooperation with Corporate Chaplains of America, we have placed a chaplain in all of our facilities to provide personal and spiritual care for our employees and their families.
- We donate annually to the Fellowship of Christian Athletes.
- We share our expertise in order to enhance local community projects, train and educate citizens, and provide leadership.
This isn’t a complete list, but it’s representative of our complete commitment to our communities.