The significance of children learning to think on their own, building lasting relationships, and becoming
all they are destined to be is a remarkable goal. Many things in our lives contribute to attaining this
objective, including the influence of our local schools.
House of Raeford Farms FLOCK is devoted to development of our youth. One of the ways we reach out
is through the elementary, middle, and high schools in the areas where House of Raeford Farms has
operations. This support takes on a wide variety of activities including funding for classroom supplies,
providing food for children in need, and encouraging programs that help students develop life skills.
Here is a sampling from our locations across the southeast U. S.
West Columbia, SC
- FLOCK Loves Teachers – a year-round outreach to seven local elementary schools bringing attention to incredible local educators by providing a $350 gift card to committed teachers selected by school administrators.
- Sponsor ROTC, boys and girls sports, and teacher appreciation days.
- Sponsored an art project for Cayce Elementary.
- Donated 900 headphones to assist in learning programs.
- Supplied chicken eggs for hatching demonstrations at multiple elementary schools.
- Donated bikes for student testing prizes.
- Bought breakfast for the staff before the school year began.
- Annual sponsors for Hidden Treasure Christian School’s golf tournament and Fall Festival/Walk-Fest. Proceeds go toward scholarships for students in need.
- Support various sports teams at the high school and middle school level as well as various PTA initiatives.
- Contribute to a local high school’s annual spirit week fundraiser supporting different local charities.
- Sponsor for a Walking/Mileage Club at an elementary school, encouraging and awarding students for physical activity.
- Mentoring of students by employees of the Greenville complex.
- Monetary sponsorship and product donations towards fundraisers for PTAs, sports teams, or children in a crisis.
Rose Hill and Wallace, NC
- 10-year sponsorship of the Bill Lord Memorial golf tournament benefiting exceptional children’s classes in elementary and high schools.
- BackPack buddies now in the fifth consecutive year of volunteering and monetary donations. Currently investing $2,500 annually.
- Rose Hill-Magnolia Elementary received $3,000 in September 2019. Monies distributed in part for a daily snack program so no child knows the disappointment of doing without. In addition, dollars allocated towards school supplies for those in need (backpacks, jackets, etc.). Also, supplementing school field trips for those kids not able to incur the cost of the trip.
- Wallace Elementary received $3,000 in September. Some dollars divided for classroom supplies and financial assistance for field trips. The other half allocated towards team building activities to boost staff morale, problem solving skills, and building relationships.
- Annually host the Jeremiah Castille Character Camp for student-athletes from local high schools to learn both football skills and life lessons. 1,000 participants at the 2019 camp.
- Sent 75 middle school students to Washington, DC on a field trip and a JROTC unit to Hawaii for the Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day ceremony.
All local FLOCK teams in four southeastern states help with school supplies, fundraising activities, and
other needed support so our children, no matter their economic needs, receive the best education
possible. Through our local schools, we strive to see our youth make a difference in their own lives and
the lives of others.